life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, February 16, 2018

Enough to be different....

They told me and I listened….
I listened to my church.
I listened to the laws of the land.
I listened to “good” people that “loved” me.

So much pain and grief I have felt because they told me what was good and bad….

I believed them and I quit looking for who I was.  It was never right…it never made sense and every time I mentioned it, I was told I was wrong.

No one can tell me who I should be any more…I no longer give permission for anyone to condemn me for choosing a different path and I give myself permission to quit acting like I want or need your approval.
I am not a Christian 
the only doctrine I follow is love.
The laws are not always right,
people that break them and walk free every day.  
I will only defend love.
Good people, the loudest ones, 
chose what is best for them, 
they want me to be more like them.

I love myself enough to be different.

"If I could Change the World"  Eric Clapton

No comments:

Post a Comment