life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, February 3, 2018

This might work for me!

So there we are trying something different.  I am a self-confessed medicine weenie…and the last round of pain meds and all current available narcotic pain meds seem to make me sick to my stomach….not nice at all! So we are going to try to control the inflammation around my kidneys with steroids…YIKES…we are at the “damned if I do, damned if I don’t” portion of this program.  There are not going to be any good long-term answers, just temporary ways to control the symptoms.  Steroids scare the hooey out of me and when I looked up the side effects, I got even more frightened.  One of the common effects is a swollen or puffy face and neck…like I need that!  As tears welled up in my eyes at the thought of how my face might change.  I realized…this might not be a bad thing…if it stretches all of the wrinkles out of my face.  I mean don’t women pay big money to have collagen injections to “fill up” wrinkles?  This might work for me in several different ways!  Woo-hoo!
"Ob la di ob la da"  The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment