life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Quality of life is where the healing magic lies...

At the risk of sounding morbid…and just a little demented….I have to say, hospice has been the greatest thing that ever happened to me. Nothing put it more succinctly than this slogan, which as it happens, is from the hospice organization that takes care of me.  After years of curative care that was full of chronic, invasive, and aggressive testing, treatments and surgeries, none of which have done anything that improved the quality of my heart or progress of the disease. In fact, I suspect it has compromised my health and it cost me a bloody fortune year after year after year literally eating up what little saving we had. 

They have without a doubt focused on the quality of my life.  The life of this disease has a certain path, but the quality of life is where the healing magic lies…I am so grateful for hospice…they know this!
"Arms Around My Life"  Janis Ian

3 comments: