life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

No "wrong" answers

I think I can attribute 99% of my mental health…and for those of you that just lifted a closed fist to your mouth and coughed “NOT” ….I know who you are!  But really…I mean really I have found nothing more profound to my day to day happiness and frame of mind as writing every day.  It all began with Julia Cameron’s book “The Artist’s Way” and her daily creativity exercise of morning pages. I still do them almost every morning…there is something wonderfully cathartic about getting unseen, positive and/or negative feelings out of my body and onto a page.  First of all, it is wonderful to actually see a feeling become tangible in letters and words…I then have the choice of whether or not I want to pursue them, hang on to them, or let that feeling go.  When an emotion, a feeling, or desire it is on the page they take on a life of their own and I can look at it and make a conscious decision about what I want to do with it…deal with it, get rid of it, or save it for later…there are no wrong answers.
"The Way I Feel"  Gordon Lightfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment