life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

I am with the kids, they have wicked social media and internet skills and they know how to use them!


There is nothing that could have prepared me for the amount of senseless carnage that Florida now claims: Pulse, Orlando and MSD High School, Parkland. But nothing has surprised me more than the kids that are speaking out, factually, eloquently and with such passion!

As a child of the 60’s and now an adult active voter, I understand the level of frustration in trying to make meaningful government changes. But the thought of having today’s kids bring forth their passions with such mature effective actions never occurred to me.

These young people have been able to speak above the NRA and the ridiculous politics that adults play to make a point!  They are not afraid to say “the lawmakers have failed us” or “no, we are not going to be quiet and pray, giving our lawmakers, again, permission to do nothing while they maintain their NRA ratings and contributions”.  These amazing kids have taken the tools at their disposal and used the passion of youth and the pain of the loss to shine the light on the NRA and GOP’s unholy pseudo-Christian alliance that produces nothing but profit at the cost of innocent lives. These amazing kids identified a problem, recognized the causes and most of all they have wicked social media and internet skills and they know how to use them!  I am with the kids!
"Masters of War"   Ed Sheeran

No comments:

Post a Comment