life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Reclaiming the pond garden....

It is so wonderful to have the sound of calming falling water back in my life!  The tall fountain was an indoor fountain given to me by one of my Artist’s Way Groups.  It stopped working years ago and regardless of my pathetic attempts to get it working again, I was unsuccessful. (But as I mentioned in a previous post…just could not get rid of it). The small copper frog bottom left in the pond was my outside fountain piece.  It was never built to function as a fountain.  I found him at one of my art shows and fell in love with his arm raised shooting a “peace” sign.  After speaking with the artist about what I wanted to do with him….he showed me how and where to drill holes to make him a fountain head….it worked beautifully. Both fountain pieces and parts are old and the copper in both of them has an outrageously wonderful green patina.  Unfortunately years ago, the hurricane came through and destroyed the covered pergola and fussy orchids that had happily lived under it finally succumbed.  I got sick, lost interest and eventually, my happy orchid pond garden became a big weed infested, unrecognizable,  forest with a hole full of water that served no other purpose other than breeding mosquitos.

I have had a few weeks of marvelous energy that I am attributing to a newly added med.  It may be all in my mind, but when these amazing little gifts of energy arrive I try very hard not to waste them!  Skip repaired the fence planks that came loose and helped with clearing away some of the weed.  I cleaned out the pond….GROSS… and we figured out how to rewire, reconfigure and reuse pieces and parts of the 2 old fountains, plus a new pump and “ta-dah” new fountain (kind of) …A few new plants and we are making progress. I still, have a long way to go, and I have to confess working outdoors in the heat is overwhelming at times, but I am truly loving reclaiming my old pond and garden.  (pic is kind of crappy, I shot through the back porch screen...Yikes!)
"Coming Around Again"  Carly Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment