life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, July 6, 2017

...and no one notices!

I have a confession…. 2 more bags tiptoed to the curb… I am somewhat of a hoarder… partly because I was an ART workaholic,  NOT a HOUSE workaholic.  I also blame some of it on my generation….we saved, fixed and passed down everything. But, now that I am home pretty much 24-7, I have been on a mission to get rid of anything we are not currently using.  Forty years in the same house has produced a bunch of outdated, broken (but might be fixable), doesn’t fit any more stuff. I have recently been really ruthless in my pitching and giving away of stuff and the house. My life does feel so much better as the clutter goes! (in the house anyway…the garage …..meh!)  Not everyone here is supportive of the new “simplify” life program I am on.  Even though “everyone” has no idea how much and where all of this stuff is!  Several months ago, while he was out of town I went through his drawers and pitched all of the excessively stained and ripped t-shirts and jeans that he was saving to work in around the house or paint in. (That in itself is a joke!) When he came home he did not even notice, but he did thank me for cleaning his room! BING!!!! The light bulb lit up over my head… I am on to something here!  I can avoid hours of arguing and negotiating by pitching small amounts at a time while he is not looking!  So every now and again, I randomly fill a garbage bag or 2 (or 4) and tippy toe out to the curb on garbage day or call Vietnam Vets (they pick up at the front door!) ….and no one notices!  shhhh…..
"Evil Ways"  Santana

No comments:

Post a Comment