life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

"Girding" Up!

Today begins the heinous chore of having men stomp through the house to give me estimates on what it will cost to replace our AC/Heat system.  After an unplanned break down (on perhaps the hottest day of the year) I was presented with the somber fact that our over 30 year old system is, decrepit, on borrowed time and horribly inefficient!  The repairman showed me several instances of rust and “crud” for lack of other things to call it that has encrusted the coils from years of condensation and normal wear and tear.  It was gross!

That was the repairman’s assessment and he had nothing to gain by making this frightening diagnosis, I am bracing myself for the “salesmen” who I am certain will paint a horrific doom and gloom scenario to get me to buy their system immediately.  As a rule, I find most salesmen pushy and rude…typical used car salesmen.  I am gearing up to hear and compare without allowing fear or emotions to get wrapped up in the decision making.  One has already told me that the prices are going up on Monday…..REALLY…?  He has not even given me any prices….yet!  Putting on "the hat" and getting my "crusty old broad" face on and girding up for the salesman onslaught!
"Obeah Woman"  Nina Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment