life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I write to expose and work through the ugly parts of this disease, open heart surgery that was less than successful and more recently an S-ICD (internal cardiac defibrillator) implanted in my chest that will hopefully restore my heart beat in case of sudden cardiac death. I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to learn how to live a full life with heart failure, to honor my creativity, and to explore all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say
"Don't talk like that!"


.

.
Music is loading really slow lately...sorry...

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

”You are as smart as ….whom”?

Embarrassingly….it is the result of another of those ridiculous Facebook quizzes….”You are as smart as ….whom”? I will admit to taking more than a few, and then deleting the results I do not like.  Plus....I am always looking for fodder to write about on this page and sometimes a goofy quiz is just enough to kickstart something.  I was particularly fond of this one, just because I admire this man so and I suspect the older I get the more I begin to look like him.  I have always been in awe of his ability to think in ways that were…are so wildly out of the mainstream.  He was also a huge proponent of imagination, constantly holding that part of the thought process as the most important.  Perhaps the arts and sciences are truly related!
"Think"  Aretha Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment