life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

from my kitchen...and cows...holy crap!

I have a couple of “super cook” friends….aughhhh!  And I do not mean regular super cook I mean UBER super cooks…Not just out of the cookbook dinner recipes these freaks of nature “CAN” things…like they pick stuff from the garden then go through all of the picklings and "put them up" in mason jars that do not even have to go into the refrigerator! Last summer there was a full on pickle canning project, followed by assorted jellies and jams.  All I can do when they are in these cooking frenzies is sip wine and stay out of their way. I may make fun of them but they are a well-oiled machine in the kitchen.  So….when they began talking about homemade Greek yogurt, I automatically went for the wine bottle.  But then they told me it was easy and under my breath, I sarcastically asked: “Easy for who?”  I was given a sample of the yogurt dribbled with syrup and topped with fresh blueberries and she had my attention!  YUM…. THEN she told me it was 2 ingredients!  Well within my 3 ingredient rule…milk and a couple of tablespoons of yogurt (or starter culture)…Unfortunately, there is this God forsaken process that requires a thermometer and a strainer… but the yogurt was so good.  Amazon is really going to get me into trouble, but I ordered the thermometer and strainer and as soon as they were delivered I began the process.  You heat the milk, take its temperature, stir yogurt culture, wrap it up in a towel to incubate overnight!  I have never made anything edible that takes that long.  But I did it! And this morning I  made my own happy bacteria or yogurt on purpose….in the kitchen!  I know…I know…who would have ever thought…yogurt really does come from my kitchen...and cows...holy crap!
"32 Flavors" Anni DiFranko

No comments:

Post a Comment