life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

One I Admire...

"The Mask of Madness"  (oil on canvas 1943) Frida Kahlo
I love Frida!  I am not always enamored with her actual work, but I deeply admire how she metabolized her pain, her healing, her grief and her loss through creating.  It is not her images that move me but the story behind them. Her images are raw and often without much artistic merit, in my opinion.  But she did them anyway.  The purpose never was to awe us with pretty pictures or artistic skill. It is the way she took those emotions, gathered them up and then allowed them to pour out of her on to the paper and canvas. When I see her work, I can feel it.  Somewhere in my heart I know that this is the precise reason she lived so long, loved so well, with purpose and through so much pain.  Her heart, her head and her soul absorbed the aches and pains, as we all do, but then she was able to expel them through her work not giving them the opportunity to compromise her need for the life she wanted.  Frida’s life is truly the one I admire and would like to emulate.
"Hold on My Heart" Phil Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment