life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, February 6, 2017

Worth it.....

This weekend was yet another glaring example of the now president’s complete and incredible lack of experience, diplomacy, taste, and respect for the law of this country and it’s people.  It is clear this man has NEVER been a public servant. The only person he has ever served is himself and I have seen nothing in his behavior that suggests any indication of this changing….

But we have to do more than complain on FB or, my personal favorite, throw rolled up socks at the TV when he is on it.  We need to make phone calls, write post cards or letters….sign petitions (although it is generally known they are the least persuasive of political things to do).  Join a peaceful resistance movement, demonstrate, or support those that are demonstrating.  Do anything and everything you can lawfully do to express your beliefs.

My best advice is to know and understand how, what and why you feel the way you do.  Be sure they are your feelings, not the feelings of your friends, family, TV networks or reporter/journalist.  Know and believe wholeheartedly in your convictions because it is almost guaranteed those beliefs will draw actual anger from some and risk the loss of passionate acquaintances friends and family.

shine your heart, your life like a light...it is worth it……
and for me, my heart, my beliefs, my feelings and my voice…. they are worth it!
"Let it Be Me"  Indigo Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment