life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, February 6, 2017

Just one more thing….


Then I promise (well... kind of) 
no more politics

This came across my Face Book page from a fellow artist FB friend, Barbara Verchot and I felt like it was worth repeating.
This is her advice…..and I am going to take it!

1. Don't use his name. (I refer to him as #45.)
2. Remember this is a regime and he's not acting alone.
3. Do not argue with those who support him--it doesn't work.
4. Focus on his policies, not his orange-ness and mental state.
5. Keep your message positive; they want the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will grow.
6. No more helpless/hopeless talk.
7. Support artists and the arts - especially the ones speaking for all of us.
8. Be careful not to spread fake news. Check it before you share it.
9. Take care of yourselves.
10. Resist!

 
"Peace be Upon us" Sheryl Crow

No comments:

Post a Comment