life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Delivery day.....

Delivery days are heinous!  I suspect  most of the world thinks that artist’s delivering their work for an exhibition should be a wonderful exciting thing….and yes there is an element of exciting but….holy crap…most of all it is just plain scary as hell!  When it comes to delivery days….every single bit of  “I got my shit together” attitude goes right down the toilet…..in a single flush.

The best way to describe it, is like being a 13 year old girl again on the first day of a new school. The only difference is, it is about the art I created rather than the dress I chose to wear!  As a 13 year old I am hoping that dress will help me feel like I fit in and am good enough. It feels like the room is “judging” me by the image I am delivering.  All of the sudden that image that felt really good in the studio is now triggering a zillion  “who do you think you are” nerve endings!  And opening night…it will only get worse!


"Fear"  Jazmine Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment