life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Jazz and the Irreverent Angel


It’s the wonderfully irreverent Christmas angel mother gave me 15 years ago, but now she is my everyday angel! However....she still seems to shine brighter on Christmas Eve. Now she hangs from my bedroom lamp, the last thing I see before bed and the first thing I see in the morning and I smile and think of you!

Merry Christmas Mother! I remember seeing you dance in the kitchen in Miami when you thought no one was watching to Dave Brubeck Quartet Christmas jazz album on the second hand stereo in the living room.  It may very well be why I came to love jazz!


"Santa Clause is Coming to Town"  Dave Brubeck

No comments:

Post a Comment