life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Dancing and taking my power back!

Taking my power back....without permission!!! Well that is not entirely true…seemed like I needed about 42 other people’s permission, well that is not entirely  true either…but it sure did feel like it!  There was a late afternoon call from my regular docs office asking if I could come in as see them the next morning….I know….I know….when is the last time that happened….NEVER!  I figured if ever there was a sign from the Universe….this was it…I mean a doctor calling me for an appointment!  To make a long story short they are working with hospice to provide palliative care for me.  My heart has been singing, there have been tears of joy and I feel like for the first time in years, that I am being heard, that what I want matters, I finally have some control of my life….OMG it feels so good to take back my power over this disease, this heart, my life!  I am thrilled, there could be no better x-mas gift!  And I am happy dancing!!  Yes!
"Pata-Pata" Miriam Makeba

No comments:

Post a Comment