life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

They are still mine....



Feels good to be back in the studio!  Nothing feels quite as good as fingers covered in chalk, hand prints on my t-shirt because I had to quickly answer the phone.  The feelings of just letting go, letting it flow through me, always empower me.  It is the only time I really own the art.  The only time that what I think, where I draw, the colors I choose will make any difference.  When it is done....it is no longer mine, it is no longer a part of me.  I can not make any more changes.  I cannot add to or take away from. It belongs to the universe and will be here long after I am gone.


"Ave Maria"  Guy Farley (from Modigliani)

No comments:

Post a Comment