life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Caution.....Ranting Ahead!

As a very young liberal, and practicing hippie/radical (according to my step-father) this was the mantra that was constantly being preached to me. He never saw protests and civil disobedience as a positive.
Years later, I have to agree with him to a certain point. As an older liberal and practicing and teaching artist this mantra “be a part of the solution” has become part of my life mission. Time and time again, volunteering being a part of the solution have been the most wonderful and fulfilling adventures of my life.….except when it comes to dealing with my very own city. The city I have lived in and volunteered for over 37 years have proven themselves to be the most frustrating example of fear and thanklessness, and I believe I am more qualified than most to make this observation.
So afraid of doing something wrong or “found out” they do nothing, they ignore those that want to participate and then ask for your support. Scared to think out of the box, they repeat the others creativity. Focused on one medium they ignore others. If you do not fit precisely into the mold you are ignored, rarely acknowledged, thanked or appreciated. Always treated like a bother, never seen as a willing contributor.  They make me feel small, unimportant, irrelevant, unworthy,  I wonder if they have any idea that they are turning their back on marvelous creatives that could be this city’s most amazing resource!
 
"Mr. Big Stuff"  Jean Knights

No comments:

Post a Comment