life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Superhero

"Take off your mask, put down your guard
Don’t need a symbol on your chest
It’s all right for once to play
The damsel in distress
You’re gonna use up all your strength
Trying to be so strong
Don’t have to shoulder all the weight
Together we can take it on"
      
                       "Superhero"  Ross Lynch
...when the only person you have ever been able to rely on is yourself, when I have been my own superhero for such a very long time, it is hard to recognize and accept help.  I am trying, I am trying, I do not like being weak, and I just do not know how to accept help.  I have always been my own superhero! 

No comments:

Post a Comment