life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, December 11, 2017

I have the evidence!



"I did it!!!"  After years of doctors telling me, I really "shouldn't" do any more art shows for fear that all of the packing, unpacking, lifting, tent building, art hanging and other physical parts of it would be too much for me to do.  Hospice/palliative care is different...if it is important for me to do something...they encourage me and make certain I  have the right things to do it.  So, although this past weekend it would have been nice to sell more, it was not about selling...it was about me reclaiming a part of myself that I loved and I have truly missed.  To be around other creatives, artists, and music, to see my work all together hanging in one place, not just stacked and packed away and to have people see, admire and even purchase what I have done....it feels so good, it is like magic! Although I will confess, I was and am still exhausted, have horrible aching muscles and a plethora of minor gripes and groans,  I am so gloriously happy that I do!They are all wonderful evidence of...I did it!  


"I Just Want to be Brave"  Sarah Bareilles

No comments:

Post a Comment