life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, December 23, 2017

I am so excited…I made a hat!

I just finished the official Enchilada Eve hat!  Enchilada Eve has never had it’s own hat…But maybe it was time!  It might help if you understood Enchilada Eve a little better.  It is not an official holiday anywhere but the Evan’s.  It began one day the week before x-mas when making out that week’s grocery list.  The Holiday season, to this point, had been heavy with ham and turkey and all of the traditional foods. The thought of making one more holiday meal of turkey and ham was more than I could stand!  My sister reminded me that she had promised to make Skip enchiladas (his favorite) for a birthday meal back in May…but we were never able to settle on a day where everyone was available.  And Enchilada Eve was born from a belated birthday dinner and a seasonal revulsion of traditional holiday food.  The irreverent underside of Enchilada Eve has always been about including our family and anyone that might find themselves alone or lonely on Christmas Eve. After 17 years it is going viral and has infiltrated the Jones-Bouis-Scott Families.  I am so excited…I made an Enchilada Eve hat!
"Feliz Navidad"  Jose Feliciano

No comments:

Post a Comment