life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I can say just about anything I want to here….(but I did not check the “adult content” box when I signed up, so there are SOME restrictions!)

SO…. here is the most important thing I have learned from the recent elections…..
Although I rarely state my specific political views…I have NEVER argued, berated or rebuked others personally for their comments and/or opinions on line.  Responses I have received have been for the most part encouraging.  Most of my FB friends seem to appreciate unprovocative relevant quotes, but there have been others that have been rude, ugly, and personal.  I have even been chastised for not clicking the “like” button on their post. I am tired of being expected to listen to others opinions, but most are unwilling to listen to mine.
Instead of simply responding to others, I am influencing peace and understanding. I am writing, emailing and calling the people that have the ability to make decisions and change. I am always open to intelligent and yes even passionate discussions, but not the rude and ugly ones. 

My lesson.....I do not discuss politics with those that are incapable of hearing both sides of a issue, before forming a decision or an opinion.
"Everybody's Talking" Nilson

No comments:

Post a Comment