life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Out of Balance....

Ok..Ok… I confess….I have not been to the gym since 2015….and the cupcakes/no pants, last week!  There is a distinct possibility that my life is more out of balance than I originally thought.

I have said it several times, in several different ways that I truly do feel out of balance since the election and even more so since the inauguration.  I see some never take a stand, perhaps out of political and/or social politeness.    Maybe they do not know, or maybe they do not care, or GOD forbid, maybe they agree with what is happening to us.  And here is the scary thing…..maybe they think the same thing about me. I know I have sat silent, biting my tongue, reigning in my immediate responses or not responding at all to outrageous political misinformation that is flung at me on a daily basis, for no other reason than to NOT have a disagreement or suffer their wrath.  I am trying so hard to keep the peace with acquaintances, friends and family.  Desperately hanging on to a positive attitude and good relationships with others by a thread, I feel like I have sacrificed my own peace and balance. 
"Keep Breathing"  Ingrid Michaelson

1 comment:

  1. I so agree, Cheryl. I feel lost, hopeless and have no direction. My muse is sleeping, my creativity dormant and I am in a constant state of anxiety.

    ReplyDelete