life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, January 30, 2017

even when it hurts....

I was taught ages ago (I will NOT be defining the term ages) but as a young person, I grew up in a world that the mere color of your skin determined where you could and could not go.  I did not question, it was the world I grew up in.  As a teenager I moved from a small rural southern town to Miami.  It was a different world, and I was in shock.  Desegregation MEANT desegregation! My new school was a 50/50 mix.  I met and learned I was not different or better. It was not just skin color but ethnicity, too! The Cuban crisis was still “fresh” and I was introduced to a new culture and language too! All of it was different, scary, and wonderful at the same time. 

So when you call me a bleeding heart leftist liberal, I can only respond that it has nothing to do with politics, it is life experience.  And I want my life and my legacy to be about amazing life experiences and love…..(never fear and hate)   Love…even when it hurts. 


"For What it is Worth"  Buffalo Springfield

No comments:

Post a Comment