life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

The first time... I truly do not give a "rats ass" !


I do not care how calm, mastered or controlled I think I am…it all goes down the toilet when the cat brings a live rat into the house!  All bets are off and out and out panic reigns.

Self-control is strength….Calmness is mastery…my ass!  This is full-on panic as  “NOT MY CAT” the cat (yes that is really his name)  and the now loose rat run through the house both running head-on into walls and furniture like a live pinball machine.  Our best butt-crack of dawn, pre-coffee idea of getting the rat out is to set up some kind of pathetic makeshift gauntlet with anything handy that has barrier potential including brooms and bar stools forcing the cat-rat pinball show out of the wide-open front door with every inside and outside light on. In the midst of this genius idea, he barks “the front door is wide open… neighbors are going to see us!” Although I use the phrase regularly, it is the first time that I can sincerely say “I do not give a rats ass!” who sees us! Just get the rat out of here!
"Taking it to The Streets"  Dobbies Brothers

1 comment: