life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, June 10, 2019

BUT….What if the circus keeps coming to me


Yes BUT….What if the circus keeps coming to me???  It has felt like the proverbial “Big Top” parked in my front yard recently! Going to the circus has not been a choice.  However, learning which “acts” to participate in and which ones to walk past has been an eye-opening experience.

I have found that the moment the clowns (drama, illness, confusion, chaos, turmoil) begin, I just need to stop for a moment, NO immediate reaction required unless you are standing in traffic!  A deep breath and a few very simple questions to myself….What am I trying to accomplish here?… How do I want this to end?… What makes the most sense?  

The first thing is to identify and clarify specifically and simply what I need in this situation.  It is really nothing more than small short-term goal setting.  I cannot allow any emotions at this point, they only tend to confuse and redirect right now.  I need to determine who, what words or which actions will move me closer to what I need to accomplish? Regardless of the situation, getting emotionally hurt, angry or making everyone happy rarely moves anything forward, in fact, I think it does the opposite, expending great deals of my own energy while accomplishing nothing.  I do not want anyone to think I am a focused robot, but what I do know is that there will be plenty of time to cry, lament, laugh etc. etc. afterward. 

Although I have a less than typical goal-oriented life, using the Daniel LaPorte’s goal techniques of “Desire Mapping” and core desire feelings I will admit there are some immediate situations that require the more traditional goals.  So…bring on the circus….I can do this!

"The Tears of a Clown"  Smokey Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment