life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, June 1, 2019

That Wretched Voice!


Continuing to push outside of my comfort zone as I submitted this work to a local museum for a humorous summer exhibition.
 
It does not matter how long, how bad (or good) I am...that voice in my head STILL comes SCREAMING  at me….”WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?”  That wretched voice seems to get even more colorful and aggressive as I get older and further and further outside my comfort zone with
“Who the  F***ING HELL, do you think you are”?

Interpreting the show title literally, “Cheeky” simply plays abstractly on the distinctive communication of cheeks!  Cheeks tell their own silly or serious story…we all have them!

How did I miss that?  Sometimes what we see or do not see is a matter of choice.  Choose your blindfolds wisely or be completely bold-faced and go naked!

The Curmudgeons! They are everywhere! Grousing, complaining and nitpicking! But really, when you look carefully, they are just talking heads with little or no substance!

"So Much to Say"  Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment