life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Swear wisely and with intention!


I remember the first time I swore…I was about 12 and I called Tommy Snyder a dumb ass!  He was trespassing on my favorite “kick the can” hiding place and would not get out!  I was so angry that it just came out of my mouth.  I expected a much more horrified reaction from him…but he just told me to shut up! I decided then and there it certainly did not get me the results I was looking for, and swearing was highly overrated and not worth getting punished over.

When my sons came home from the service, the Navy and the Air Force… I began to understand the saying “swore like a sailor”.  They were both horrible, and I became the language police! 

But then on occasion when I really wanted to make a point, I learned that a well placed swear word got the perfect attention I was looking for.  It was kind of like magic; the boys would literally stop what they were doing and cringe at the pure shock of that coming out of my mouth.  However, I need to warn you, if used too often it loses its shock value.  So... swear wisely and with intention…And I do!

Ah.....F#_k  It

No comments:

Post a Comment