life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Stories


It occurred to me, that not only was I trying to live up to the “stories” of my past but that I find myself still listening to the stories of others and thinking I need to be a part of them, too.  Other people’s stories are just that, no more, no less… just stories.  They are someone else’s idea of who I am, how I should act and what I should do. Some are hurt that I do not fit in their story, others delighted that I am finally figuring this out.


 I confess I got a pretty great "default" story but it was by sheer luck! However, as I get closer to finishing it, I realize I want to finish this story by design…not sheer accident!

 "Thank You"  Alanis Morrisette

No comments:

Post a Comment