life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, April 14, 2019

I miss my gypsy life!


Last night was an art opening and I ran into a couple of art friends I had not seen in years and years…and as all art conversations go, we began with “the last time I saw you…you were doing…”  And then a torrent of questions begin about how we did/survived the art show circuit and how they tried it and hated how much work was involved.  It was always hard and incredibly physical but somehow when you have a good show it is worth it!  And we had so many good shows, but that was because we rarely did anything in this area.  We learned early on to do the bigger shows (more possible patrons) and to do our “demographic” median income homework before submitting applications.  It made a huge difference and the hard work was always worth it!   I realized to be good at this, you truly need to be part gypsy and love the lifestyle, be ready and able to fix anything with rope, baling wire and/or duct tape.  Believe me, something will always break.  It was always a challenge and no one will ever really understand just how much I miss this life. Even with all of the blessings I still have and how hard I focus on gratitude, there are days that I would give anything to have my gypsy life back.  

"Gypsy Woman"  Brian Highland

1 comment: