life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Raw & Scratchy


Ok….” survivor” may not be the best portrayal of my current situation, but it works for me and I will proudly wear that label.  I related immediately to the opportunity to write and to “define my own reality” in this quote. The current reality is so different than anything I could have possibly imagined! Really, I never considered how I would die, how long would it take, would it hurt, how would my family and friends handle it.  Never once did I ask myself,  how would “I” handle it.  Most of my life has been wrapped around taking care of others, anything less than made me a bad mother, a bad wife, narcissistic and an ugly person.  Figuring this out for me is very strange.  I am really not looking for anyone to agree with me, understand me, feel sorry for me or help me through it.  I am just trying to figure out how to do this, for myself…out loud. It may sound selfish; it might make some feel uncomfortable and for that, I do apologize. I am doing the best I can, by the seat of my pants and it is raw and scratchy!

"Message to Myself"  Melissa Etheridge

No comments:

Post a Comment