life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, April 18, 2019

but there is a definite possibility!

I have always chalked it up to my gypsy DNA, never really considered this could have been “wine” induced…. but there is a definite possibility!

There are no words that can describe how wonderful and exciting my years on the art festival circuit were, nor did I truly appreciate them until they were gone.  I have really thought about “why” they were so great because they were fraught with some of the most difficult physical work at the most ungodly hours.  I always wondered if there was any amount of money that was worth it.  This work, for what I am certain that if I added up the materials involved would have paid less than minimum wage. But as I look back…I only remember the challenge, opportunity, the adventure and lots of wine sipping.

And even if my work did not sell there were many people that would tell me how much they liked and appreciated my work!  I was validated as an artist regularly with words and dollars.  Sometimes the words were more valuable than the cash.  But make no mistake…every weekend was about seeing and spending time surrounded by the phenomenal works of art created by other artists, making new friends and sipping wine…. lots of wine!
"Spill the Wine" Eric Burden and the Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment