life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, April 11, 2019

...but all of a sudden they are everywhere!


I do not intentionally collect angels but all of a sudden they are everywhere!  I can trace back the beginnings of this and many other of my own weirdness to my Mother.  Every Christmas she would include a wonderfully “tacky” angel as part of my gift.  I loved their irreverence so much that I kept them out all year and eventually they were incorporated into the “heart” mobile she made for me that hangs over my bed.  It just seemed appropriate that she, the angels and the hearts watch over me as I sleep. The other angels were gifts or I bought them and one I made.  As a card-carrying agnostic, I never intended to collect angels.  I do not ascribe to the religious existence of winged singing people that fly around making profound announcements.  However, I can wrap my heart around imaginary little beings that watch over me and spread smiles and love.  And the fact that they are all odd, unusual, and quirky makes them even more wonderful.  
"In the Arms of an Angel" Sarah McLachlan

YIKES! ... the angel post follows my swearing post...a little accidental ironic balance...

No comments:

Post a Comment