life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

You are "safe" with me....

My Safety Pin shows I will stand with and protect all people regardless of gender, sexuality, race, disability, religion, etc. It quite simply means “You are safe with me.”

I am enamored with the idea behind the UK & US peaceful protest of wearing a safety pin. Although prompted by the current president’s stance against minorities of all kinds, It is my personal non-threatening way to show respect for all people. I don’t go out like I used too, but I have great exposure on Face book, so I add a safety pin to each one of my daily posts.

Over the weekend, I was approached at an art opening by a wonderful woman I have known for some time that has recently begun following my posts on Face Book. She came over to greet me and immediately began telling me how much she likes my daily “Thought for the Day-ish” posts and looks forward to them every morning….then she said “I like them so much I will even forgive you for the safety pin on each of them”. But love…
"Put a Little Love in Your Heart"  Jackie DeShannon

No comments:

Post a Comment