life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Taking my power back!

"TP People"
Created from wet toilet paper rolls and the little paint I had left.
They now hang by the door of my studio as a reminder.
One of the greatest things about my art is that it is always with me!  It only takes me deciding that I want it and in today’s language, it is the ultimate renewable resource.  As an artist, that sells her work, I want my buyers to think any piece I do is a once in a lifetime original, but the reality is…I did it once…I can do it again! (and again and again).   If you think that is great, wait for it…… the greatest part is I choose not to!  It is in the creation of new work that I get to explore my own unique and ever-changing feelings! 

I have learned that when everything in my world feels as though it is out of control, I have my work and it is always in my control (until the work is finished), and it does not seem to matter what if any art supplies I have, sometimes working with little or very few things bring about my most surprising pieces.

My ART always gives me back the power I need to get through another day!
"Closer to Fine"  Indigo Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment