life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Creative Process


Finally,  a visual of the creative process! I do not think any further explanation is really needed, however I do feel compelled to offer some, you knew I would!
Panic and the final approach to a deadline feel like they are correct, it is the “fucking off” period that I feel needs a little clarification.

It is the time that I KNOW I have a deadline, I NEED to be much further along and here I sit…

writing in this blog,
reading other peoples blogs and posts on FB,
cleaning the studio,
making a list of what I need to do,
organizing my underwear drawer,
checking out recipes, (please keep in mind that I am a really bad cook, this does not help, but I think it will!)
giving myself a manicure
and a host of equally unimportant but necessary activities that promote creativity.

Yep the largest and most critical part of the creative process is fucking off and I am so good at it!

   
"Someday"  Sugar Ray

1 comment:

  1. I am sure I have your process down pat! Add things like cleaning the bathroom, closet, or anything, ( I am not known for my sparkling housekeeping) and that is my method!

    ReplyDelete