life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, January 20, 2020

The most powerful tool...


I do not trust my instincts anymore.  Grief and anxiety are tricky combinations of confusion.  Chronic vigilance seems like the only route to take.  I want to protect me, my family, my friends, loss is waiting for me everywhere, I have to be prepared this time!

I am learning that simple acknowledgment is my most powerful tool! It does feel counterintuitive, but somehow being honest with myself about how I actually feel in an uncomfortable situation or moment changes it.  I just have to tell myself the truth…”This is fear, I am afraid of more loss”…It does not always stop it, but it “softens” the blow and slows my raw emotions from running amuck.
"Catch the Wind" Donavan

No comments:

Post a Comment