life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Spiritual by-pass


You create your own reality
Meditation
Set your intention
A negative attitude is the only real disability

“Hidden inside this seemingly encouraging advice to take charge of your emotions, and therefore your life is the culture of blame. It's the avoidance of pain clothed in positive, pseudo-spiritual speak. It's the presumption that happiness and contentment are the only true measures of health.” ~Megan Devine

This is spiritual bypass! I learned that experiencing pain, could be accomplished by splitting between the head and the heart--trying to surpass being human by becoming more intelligent.  The way to get through the pain of being human is not to deny it, but to experience it. To let it exist. To let it be, without stopping it up or holding it back, or approaching it from my intellectual side.

Suddenly losing the person I spent most of my life with, my partner, best friend, lover, father, fixer of things and the one man that could also make me nuts and I still loved because he and life is real. And life is not always easy.  The measure of a good life is surviving it!  Sometimes it is easier to allow the pain than to intellectually resist it. Sometimes being with that pain is kinder, softer, gentler, and easier to bear--even when it rips you apart.

I am learning that I am not failing to be a "spiritual" or "emotionally intelligent" person.  My need to feel my pain is a sign of emotional depth and skill. Empathy is my own feeling with myself, feeling with others--is a real-life and reality, it is not easy.
"Holding on to Memories" Corey Tynan

No comments:

Post a Comment