life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Anyone but me...


This morning it occurred to me that this is the first time in my life that I have no responsibilities to anyone but me.  I have the income to live a modest life without having to work, the children are happily grown with their own children and then, Skip is now gone…It is just me. No cooking, cleaning or laundry if I do not want to, no answering to anyone else about where I am (although this one is still not a big deal, I am almost always at home) and the list goes on and on. 

This is a very new and sometimes frightening situation, one that I had always dreamed of in earlier days of child-rearing, working and managing a household. Now that I have this incredible freedom  I honestly did not recognize it and am learning how to enjoy it.


"Anticipation" Carly Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment