life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Messy!


Lately, I have been wondering how much energy I spent making me and others think I was organized, in control and quite structured.  I think it was more of an act than me.  I held on to everything mentally, emotionally and physically and some of that is not always a bad thing! I spent so much energy hiding everything that I did not think others would not like.  For the most part, it worked!  

One of the things I am learning, that Skip’s death is teaching me, is how to let go, even when it is difficult, hurts, and the absolute last thing I wanted to do. I am learning to let go of things that do not serve me even when it is uncomfortable.  

I am starving for simplicity and peace but accept there will always be parts of life that are messy and will command my energy…it’s ok!

"Learning to Fly" Tom Petty

No comments:

Post a Comment