life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Please, don't let me be misunderstood!

"Listen to understand not to say something in return."  I heard this quote or something close to it quite some time ago ….but yesterday I finally understood what it meant. I rarely post political stuff about my personal feelings, but every now and again I feel I need to take a stand.

My post yesterday was questioning the method used to create the recent health care bill presented by the Senate Republicans. It was seriously lacking research from the people that it would affect the most.  The politicians “selling” the bill touted the concepts and theories based on the opinions of state governors, insurance companies, and other political pundits.  They did not seem to have, or would reveal any research from doctors, hospitals and most of all patients that currently have ACA health care and would have the most relevant experience.

One of the posts  I received, in response was about how to apply for ACA/Florida Blue insurance for $6 a month, even if it was embarrassing.    WHAT? 

The advice was followed by rambling about how she “knows” this because she sat in on a health insurance consultation with a homeless woman and when she had a personal inquiry; her voice mail was full from all of the agents responding to her question.   AGAIN….WHAT?

"Don't Let Me be Misunderstood"  Yusuf/Cat Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment