life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, March 6, 2017

It just makes sense!

WARNING…..if you are a offended easily, do not read this post!

I question everything and believe very little of what I am told.  I am one of those "got to figure it out myself based on what makes sense to me".  NudeNite held up a big mirror to me, with the “Confessional” art installation.  Looking at my own ending, I am considering all of the options, just in case I have missed one or there is a better one out there.  Raised as an Episcopalian earlier in life, every church service had a “blanket one size fits all” confession that was required.  The priest absolved us all in mass and then we marched to the alter for bread and wine….“poof”  forgiven....we were good for another week.  Never questioned…just did it…attempting to appear pious and penitent as I turned from the alter to face the congregation returning to the family pew. As I look at the religion that I perhaps have the most experience with, which would be the easiest to step back into, my common sense revolts!  A quick overview screams "WHAT"??? We humans were created by an omnipotent God that included sin, a.k.a. free will, as part of our “original programming”.  Then were kicked out of “the perfect garden of Eden” God created because they exercised the free will he gave them...WHAT?  Later when this entire free will thing just continues to go down hill, he…. that same omnipotent God, impregnates an innocent earth woman to give birth to himself so he can die a horrible death that somehow absolves us from that very same free will/sin and then rises from the dead to go back to where he came from.  All of this is to promote love, kindness, forgiveness?

The one thing most religions seem to have in common is they begin with the well-worn “once upon a time, long long ago, in a land far far away” and include many fairy tale-ish magic, mythical  demons, monsters, and of course an equal compliment of hero good guys. This particular religious story is unbelievably convoluted!  If you repeated a story like this, claiming it happened recently, I suspect they would give you free room and board in the nearest “rubber room”.

My personal dilemma is…why can’t we just love, be good and kind to each other because it is the loving thing to do, it is right and it just feels good? Why don’t religions just teach this? Are all of these complicated nonsense stories necessary to make such a simple point?  Where is the religion that celebrates living a best, most inquisitive,  creative,  exploring, loving, life you can while you can, because when you die…..life is over….that is it.    It's simple, needs no complicated magic, it just makes sense! Live now...live well...love! period.....
"No Sugar-Mother Nature"  Guess Who

No comments:

Post a Comment