life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

My guiding culinary canon!

3 ingredients…my guiding culinary canon!  I have never made any bones about being a bad cook. And yes….I have tried to cook!  Some seem to think that a creative is naturally creative in all areas….WRONG!  Put me in the studio and I am happy as a clam…but dear Lord, please do not put me in the KITCHEN.  The only place I feel really comfortable in that room is standing in front of the coffee pot ….pouring!

I have held firm to the 3 ingredient rule through 40+ years of child rearing and marriage.  It seems I was to be responsible for the care AND of feeding for all of them.  My (and their) only survival was the 3 ingredient rule!
So…for most of you this is no big deal….but holy crap….for me it is HEEEEE-UGE!  I made a main dish tonight that had 15 (you bet…..I counted them) ingredients and that did not count the salt and pepper which technically would make it 17 ingredients.

Damn those Face Book recipes!  I just do not want anyone to think I am going to make a habit of this….I have a 3 ingredient reputation to maintain!
"You Might Die Trying"  Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment