life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Critical Thinking....

That is what they keep telling us and there are days that I think I almost believe it. For the most part I think we are all more alike than any of us want to admit.  I suspect that pretty much the same things scare the crap out of us, but that goes for what makes us happy, also.  There are lots and lots of people that study this, and figure out how to use this information for their benefit.  
Other people (some we do not know or have ever met) begin telling us what we need to be happy, and what situations will make us sad, unproductive, unloved, not cool, losers and in general unsuccessful and we believe them.  They cleverly and covertly convince us that we are not brave enough or smart enough to know what we want or need, or the needs of the many or the poor are so much more important and for the common good. They want me to believe that we do not want the responsibilities, it is too complicated or difficult to make these decisions ourselves….and we trust others to do that pesky thinking for us. This is where we give up our own critical thinking.

There is a huge difference between wants and needs.  I often think that it is the job of big business, and government, to blur that difference.  Make no mistake, the only thing they are interested in is how to separate us from our dollars and/or give them more control and power. I am often accused of being cynical; I like to think of it as critical thinking.  Measuring possible outcomes and recognizing who possibly derives the greatest benefits from them.  Are those outcomes plausible, what will they cost, in the current situation, can they be realistically accomplished and what are the odds?  We all need to put on our critical thinking hats and take our power back!

"Brave" Sara Bareilles

No comments:

Post a Comment