life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Scratch it and Get Glad



I had an unusual mother-in-law that had the most marvelous “one liners” and my favorite was “Scratch it and get glad"  I think it basically means crap is going to come into our lives…everybody is going to get their share.  And although in theory is misery loves company, the reality is nobody loves misery.   Misery may gather a crowd for a little while, but it will not last and  in the meantime, the crap takes over your life. If you want a happy life, full of friends, life and love, "scratch it and get glad"!

"
"Put the Lime in the Coconut"  Harry Nillson

No comments:

Post a Comment