life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, November 25, 2013

On these days…I Need This...

On these days…
It is harder than it should be, it takes longer.
Proportion evades scale,
perspective is skewed.
I cannot trust my own emotions, they betray me.
I am incapable of receiving the love I do have,
Focusing on the pain of what I do not have.
I know these days are necessary,
But do these days have to hurt so much?
On these days…I want to quit, I need it to stop!

I need, The darkness, The sweetness, The sadness, 
The weakness, I need this
I need A lullaby, A kiss goodnight, The angel sweet, Love of my life, Oh, I need this

"My Skin"  Natalie Merchant

No comments:

Post a Comment