life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Following my own advice & eating my words....

Following my own advice & eating my words!  For many many many years I refused to hang work in restaurants.  First of all, art hanging that close to people eating, spilling and drinking is always a risk.  And, using my work to decorate their business with no appreciation or compensation felt almost abusive.  BUT…then I have always taught in classes “if the Universe“  presents  an opportunity…pay attention.  Even if it feels uncomfortable, even if hairs on the back of your neck are bristling, even if your first reaction is NO….remember this is the only way the Universe has to teach us, good and bad, they are lessons we need to learn.  So when this came up, again (and a lesson will return to you over and over and over again, until you learn the right answer) I surrendered!  Although it has been grossly different from art shows and galleries it has been an adventure…  
And by the way....Maxine is amazing!  The food and wine are crazy GOOD!
                                                                                                                                                                         "Stumbling Towards  Ecstasy"  Sarah McLochlan

No comments:

Post a Comment