life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

All the same....

My Face Book page is a snapshot of dramatic incongruencies. Two posts, both professionally produced, not their own original thought or opinion and by coincidence right next to each other, showed up this morning on my page.  One post asked me to type the word “amen” to a Christian values statement.  The other post asked me to support by clicking  on the "like" button, a governor that does not want to help victims of violence, clearly a very un-Christian value. I wonder if they really read, research and believe in the post they are now “sharing” with me…or just re-posting a banal thought because it is a popular thing to do.

Could it be that one mouse click they feel like they have an opinion (even if it is not theirs)? Are they unwilling or unable to develop and speak their own thoughts and feelings? I love that social media gives us an open forum to express our opinions but I am finding most end up posting the opinions of others, not even caring enough about those opinions to check the sources of the posts they are sharing.  Consciously or not, by simply sharing an opinion without fact checking it's validity they end up spreading misinformation, intolerance, lies, mistrust and hate.

When did not having your OWN opinion  become so popular?  When did we become so afraid to be different and speak our own minds?  Why is it easier to focus on being negative and  being the same?
"Think"    Aretha Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment