life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Heart of the Matter

My annual February Heart Month RANT!

Through all of my years as a woman, the medical industry repeatedly smashed my boobs and scraped my cervix (even after I did not have one) checking for cancer.  Not once did any doctor check my heart, short of taking my pulse.  I am not opposed to other preventative tests, but why is the number one killer of women, more than all cancers combined, overlooked in women’s routine medical exams?

Take care of yourself, know the symptoms of Women’s Heart disease, they are NOT the same as men’s.  Insist that your doctor listen to your heart!  Please celebrate your life…. listen to your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment