life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Willing to play the game…

I had to be willing to play the game, before I was comfortable enough to change the rules. The rules are like insurmountable walls created by nameless people and entities that are established for the purpose of controlling me, my behavior and establishing socially accepted winners. Some rules are good and necessary, but in life and in art I am learning how and when to break the rules to create the art and the life I am craving.

To truly live and understand life and creativity, I have to be patient, I have to be willing to play the game by the rules before I can know how to successfully bend and break them.

"So, don't mind if I fall apart...there is more room in a broken heart.  I believe in love."


       "Coming Around Again"  Carly Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment